Expecting a baby in 2020?
Finding out you are pregnant is exciting and scary all at the same time! Suddenly you feel like you have so much to do and learn. But where do you start? What do I need? Where can I go for support? Is there anything I am missing? Why not book your ticket for your free Expectant Parent Event in Yeovil here!
How we can help you during your parenting journey
To help you in your parenting journey we have created a community of local businesses and service providers. All you may need from pregnancy and beyond: antenatal classes, doula’s, feeding support, cloth nappies, baby slings, first aid, newborn photography, baby groups and classes, therapies which can support you and baby.
You can get your free ticket here!
What to expect from the expectant parent event
Our events are intimate, informal, yet informative. There are between 10 and 15 professionals available to chat to, ask questions and find out about their services. There is never any pressure to buy, sign up or hard sales. We are all here to support you in being able to make an informed choice.
Our events are FREE! You can get your ticket here! You can buy a goodie bag for £5 which will including (more to be added) a free happy nappy voucher (on booking for Water Babies), range of samples, teething necklace and discounts as well as our information booklet which includes a range of useful articles and contacts.
For our Yeovil event we use The Hub. The venue is fully accessible and has a range of tables and chairs as well as sofas. There is a children’s play area available as well as the Scrapstore. It has a cafe which serves:
- Hot and cold drinks
- Cakes and treats
- Breakfasts & Light lunches
Which businesses can I expect on the 3rd February?
- Little Green Bee Co – for all your cloth nappy and re-usable wipes needs
- Mootooti – Bright organic baby and kids clothing
- Angel Eyes Photography – all you need to get those perfect bump and baby photos.
- Monkey Music Sherborne and Dorchester – Learn about the importance of music to your baby’s development.
- Yeovil Osteopathy – Find out about how Anita can support you and your baby’s needs
- Families and Babies – Your local breastfeeding support groups and services
- Water Babies – award winning swimming classes for your baby
- Hand On Heart Baby Massage – learn about how baby massage benefits you and your baby
- The Daisy Foundation – There to support you throughout pregnancy and the early days of parenthood. Nici offers a whole range of classes and supports you to create a community.
- BeingDad – Workshops just for Dads! yes we haven’t forgotten about you. BeingDad also offers parents first aid courses.
- Babywearing South West – Using a sling, carrier or wrap has many benefits for you and baby. Find out about the options out there and ask questions.
- CMH Workshops – Supporting you to be aware of and learn about your child’s mental health.
- Hazelton Therapies – Learn about a whole host of therapies that can support you and your baby.
This is not a complete list
How do I book?
Book you tickets HERE!! Our events are free! We offer an add-on of £5 for a goodie bag with a whole range of things in them.
Why do I need to book?
Well, we want the event to be intimate and not too overwhelming. By booking we know the numbers to expect and prepare for.
Can I still come if I haven’t booked?
It depends, if we have sold out of our limited number of tickets we will not be able to open the doors to non-pre booked parents. We will announce on Sunday 2nd February if there are any limited walk in tickets available. This will be announced on the website and our facebook page.